Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Using Tags Part 1

Technorati

At Fire Links I have been experimenting with using Technorati tags and Blogger together to:


  • simulate Wordpress categories

  • use tags to create a usable Blogger blog directory

  • integrate these ideas with del.icio.us.



So far I am disappointed with the results. I find the task of adding tons of tags a bit tiresome and I find that some tags never seem to appear at Technorati. Furthermore I find that Technorati tags are so widespread that individual blogs get lost in the babble.

When I look at Lou's Wordpress blog I find the Wordpress categories more useful. The Technorati material is nice but hasn't been useful yet. Maybe I just don't get Technorati.

Here is a question for those who use Technorati a lot. Do you ever use the tags to search for content or do you just list/tag your own content?



del.icio.us

I am almost ready to stop playing with Technorati at Fire Links and use the blog as a place to explain my FireLinks del.icio.us site and sign up blogs that want to be listed.

I enjoy using del.icio.us to bookmark interesting things I find on the web. I also 'troll' other peoples bookmarks for info.

My FireLinks site can be easily set up around a chosen set of common tags which bloggers use to define their blogs. The only requirement would be a link on their sidebar. They would have an easy to use blog directory that (unlike 99% of those operating now) isn't clogged with dead links.

I think del.icio.us is an interesting and useful tool. I use it to store info I want to blog about later. I also use just for bookmarking interesting things.

I found a blog that uses del.icio.us in an interesting way and I will comment on it in Part 2 of this post. I want to have a good look at the blog first.




Feedback is appreciated. Especially about my Technorati questions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I do tag and I do track tags, and I do get hits from tags. I shal continue to use them when I remember, but I do love del.icio.us

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home