Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Critique of First Lessons

Gale said...

Leon, at this point I am posting pictures and text from flickr and having a merry old time at it. But... it is pretty rote.

What I'd like to know now:
1) how put links on the right side of my whaleblog
2) the flickr flag on my whaleblog
3) how to make my existence known?
4) how to find others who are interested in marine mammals or other animals.

At this point I am so unfamiliar with HTML that I would really appreciate if someone could walk me through it step by step.

How about starting with the flickr badge? I have tried to fathom the directions in blogger but I am always left scratching my head and "saying ... where is that anyway?" Somewhere you may have covered it but I felt at a loss from the start. Thanks a lot for your efforts.
-1:22 PM

Gale - this is a good response.

It would have been better if you had made it into a post. Learning how to post to blogger will save you endless problems when you do edit your blogs.

Flickr leaves a lot of extra code in blogger posts.

I will write up a lesson about that. I will also provide a link to the appropriate blogger knowledge pages.

Lou said...

What I'd like to know now:
1) how put links on the right side of my whaleblog To put links in your side bar you need to enter the template part of your blog. Then you need to look around the template until you find some text that looks like or something like that. Then you have a few options. One is to just place the HTML code for a link in. It looks like this- (a href="http://yourlinkhere.com") What you want your link to say goes here(/a) Then you replace the "()"s with "<>"s and your set. Or you can make a new title for the links. It could say something like Links. To do that you would put this code into your side bar area- (h2)Links(/h2). Then you use the link code above to make a links underneath. Just remember to replace the ()'s with <>'s and don;t put anything paste the 2) the flickr flag on my whaleblogI am assuming you mean flickr badge. What you need to do is go to this page and follow the directions. Then you paste the code they give you into the sidebar area of your template as stated above. 3) how to make my existence known?This is a good tutorial on how to make your blog known. You can also use this website tp promote.4) how to find others who are interested in marine mammals or other animals.For this I suggest searching the Blogger interests. Or you can go to Technorati and search for content.At this point I am so unfamiliar with HTML that I would really appreciate if someone could walk me through it step by step. HTML is pretty simple. Once you learn the basics the rest comes pretty easily. Unfortunatley, I cannot tell you everything about HTML. So I will point you to where I leanred. Webmonkey. There is stuff there on just about everything web related you can shake a stick at. Specifically take a look here and here. That should be a good start.I hope I helped you at least a little bit Gale and good luck!
-5:00 PM

Lou - this is a very good response to Gale's question. It would have been better if you said: I wrote a post about this here. (and provided the link). I will copy the source into a new post and go over some points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home