Monday, November 08, 2004

Background Tutorial

Leon asked me to test some backgrounds using the patterns at squidfingers for a photoblog background. As I used the same template for my test blog as the photoblog, this wasn't too difficult. I am finished now and have given my test blog a new background. Here's how it was done:


Step one- Pick some backgrounds
I used squidfinger's stuff, specifically these two:
and


Step two- Modify the CSS... a bit
This part is a little tricky, you need to be slightly familiar with CSS. First, you need to look through your template and right underneath the BASED ON MINIMA [using the minima template of course ;)] is a bit of code that looks background:#ffff or something close. That needs to be deleted because with it in, it would overrule your pattern.


Step three- Add some good 'ole HTML
Here's where your knowledge of HTML comes into play. You need to add a code that makes the background of your page an image. The code for this is (body background="http://whereyourimageishosted.com/thenameofyourimage.jpg"). That will force the background to be your image, assuming you did step 2.


Step four- Take a preview
Self-explanatory, preview your template, if you like the way it looks, save and republish. If you don't like it, repeat step 3 with a new image.


Step five- Conclusion
Now you have successfully made the background of your page an image. Good job! You can see how it might look on my test blog. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to drop me a line at thewatercoolereffect [at] gmail dot com.

1 Comments:

Blogger -- said...

Can also be seen at my fo' real blog- ORDER CONFIRMED.
Also, does any one want to know how to make an image the title of your blog?

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home