Thursday, November 04, 2004

Link moves

Leon has asked me to explain how I moved my sidebar links to a web page.

I must explain that this was facilitated by a gift from my children of my own domain and web site. http://no1typo.me.uk/.

First of all there fore I created a new html page in notepad. If you have a web site you know how to do this, If you haven't you don't need to worry about it.

I then entered the template section of my blog, via blogger dashboard and settings, and cut out the links which I wanted to move (you will see from my supermum blog that some of them remain). I then clicked preview to see what would happen if I saved it and when I was happy wiht the result I saved it.

I then minimised the window and went back to the new html page where I pasted the links which I had previously made, saved the page, and transferred it to my web site. This enabled me to get the url of the page

http://no1typo.me.uk/links.html

I retuned to the sidebar section of the blog and created the link (a href="http://no1typo.me.uk/links.html")links(/a) with () being replaced with <>
again previewing the page, checking that the link worked. Finally I saved the page by clicking save, when instructed I republished the blog so that other people would be able to see the link.

Doing this has improved the look of my blog and meant that I am able to use the same links page for my website
no1typo
my Supermum Blog
and my Trust me, I'm a Civil Servant Blog

If that's not clear please let me know, and I will do whatever I can to help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home