Monday, November 22, 2004

New blogger and other ideas.

I created a blog called New Blogger to store and present our tutorials and ideas.

Do we need a new blog?

No one has to join. An Assistant Editor would be nice.

Do you find the mix of lessons, tutorials and feedback confusing here?

I know Lou and Christine have been keeping up here. How about others? As we go on the amount of material for each new person to absorb will grow.

Except for feedback and lessons - should my other essays and suggestions go to the new blog?

A pro would be that they would be in one place and readable instead of mixed with our daily business. A con would be that we would often be linking to 'an outside source' and have another blog to check.

How do you like the name?

Alternatives I thought of include: Blog Tutor, Demoblog Notes, and Blog Lessons. So many of the 'good urls' were unavailable. (eg: blogtutor.blogspot.com and newblogger.blogspot.com). Maybe it is time for a petition to blogger about retiring old urls. Let Google index the pages some way and then rerelease the urls. I think a year of inactivity is resonable time. (ooops, I think I see an essay coming.)

Should Check ins be weekly?

ie - a membership prerequisite would be periodic check ins to say you are caught up? Or is it better to stick with the monthly contribution to this blog? The former might make us a better team while the latter allows members set their own pace.

Blog Links - needs to be updated and I will be doing that in the next two weeks. I found some good sites to add. Please browse the blog and offer suggestions.

Timeline - with the holidays approaching I want to set up a loose timeline so we can get an idea of when we can 'take a break' for them. It won't mean a complete hiatus but more of preparing when for when other members are unavailabe to help. For example: From mid - december to almost new years I will mostlikely be unavailable to help or offer support. More about this later.

Check this out - how about a minicolumn called check this out that any one could contribute to. When we find neat stuff we could draw atention to them here. (within reason). Good links would be added to our sidebar or to Blog Links. I will post an example.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home