Monday, November 22, 2004

Re: Lou's Check in

Good to hear that you like our progress and the team work.

"I would really like to learn CSS" - this is important to many members. I am not sure if we will get to the advanced stuff until January. We will have someone present a tutorial though.

You mentioned using websites to learn html. Have you read any of the books available? I am using Castro's book and it helps, I could use a tutorial myself. I do find the book handy for working at my computer and not having to keep jumping to the online sites.

"writing more meaningful content." - I can help a lot with this right now. This is an important part of blogging. I want to clarify what you mean by 'meaningful' first and then offer suggestions. For now I will say that finding your voice is an important part of blogging. What do you want to say. What types of blogs do you like and why? I will come back to this later, for now: do you want ideas and topics to experiment with?

"group chats' - I think you are right. It will help us to build a team and exchange ideas. Timezones will be an issue since we are spread over two continents. When it is noon in Victoria it is 3pm eastern and 8pm in London.

"New people" - I too want to help those who need help and meet new people. I want to make sure however that no one feels left out and people contribute to the group. When members ask for help we don't want to be unavailable or overworked.

If you know someone interested in what we are doing and who you think will fit in then contact me - but, talk it over with them. We will take it from there.Three considerations: advanced stuff isn't available right now, we aren't a club but a learning teaching environment, and the person must be willing to learn and help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home