Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Promotions and Membership levels.

Well, I fell humbled and in need of training! I rate my self as a Blogger because I can work within the Blogger templates, do some html, make links, add sidebar info and so on. I have made web pages with notepad, Mozilla Composer and other programs, but they were pretty standard.

I said at the start that we are all 'Novice Bloggers'. We can all learn more. In the other sense it was to test you, and myself, and allow us to get a feel of each others skills and weaknesses. If I run a workshop and say to someone: Lou (for example) can help you with this problem - I had better be right.

Promotions

Lou is now an Intermediate Blogger. He is good at many different blog related skills. He has changed the backgrounds of his test blog and his main blog. He has written clear tutorials.

Christine is definitely a Blogger. She has adapted to flickr quite fast and can write good tutorials and descriptions. She is close to being an Intermediate Blogger.

James is a pending Blogger. We know he manages blogs well and can work with the template. He also writes well. As soon as he completes the task I have for him he will be promoted.

Gale and David are Novice Bloggers - willing to learn, but still learning the basics.

The titles and my reaons for using them.

The titles are merely a way to show the group what you can do. By showing off your skills you become more confident and we learn what we can expect from you.

Basically I see three levels of full member: Blog Tutor, Blogger and Novice. Intermediate is a bonus level that acknowledges extra skill. Novices need help with getting their blogs up and running. Bloggers can manage their blogs quite well and may or may not be interested in other skills, such as creating their own templates and so on.

Blog Tutors - are Bloggers who can write clear and concise tutorials. They also must like to help people. The clear writing skills can be used out in the 'real' world too. Becoming a Blog Tutor is optional, but I hope some of you will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

Whatever you have time for is fine James.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home